Monday 1 November 2010

Target Audience Profile

This is a description of a Target Audience Profile; within this post, I am hoping to make you more familiar with the type of person that my promotional package is aimed towards...

The target audience that I am going to be aiming my promotional package at are going to be between the ages of 18 and 30. As my sub genre is psychological, I feel that I am going to be swaying more towards the female gender because this type of horror is for those who enjoy mystery and confusion as opposed to the guts, gore and gruesomeness that you might encounter in a slasher horror. Films within this sub-genre tend to be aimed more towards the male gender as the use of horrific, brutal deaths are normally a main convention, which I feel would attract the male gender more than female.  She has studied Psychology and Fashion Design at a university level and is currently employed with an ABC1 bracket career. I’d say that my target audience would be in a long term, committed relationship, as she is a sophisticated, confident woman, who doesn’t tend to have casual relationships, but would rather be devoted to one man.  She would be a sociable woman, who loves to go out with her friends and family with an excellent sense of humour. Some of her main interests and hobbies are reading horror-based novels and watching horror films as she has an active mind and thrives on enigma and fear. Her favourite books are Play Dead by Harlen Colbern and
 
Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter, novels that present a narrative that is jam-packed with both horror and mystery. Some of her most favourite films are ‘The Unborn’ which is a film written and directed by David S. Goyer. Another one of her favourites is the 2006 ‘Silent Hill’ directed by Christophe Gans and written by Roger Avary. These types of films are those that require an intellectual mind with twists and mystery, which my target audience thrive on.  My target audience takes a lively curiosity in things, which is one of the reasons why the psychological horror is her desired choice of horror. She loves to attend the cinema to watch a horror cuddled-up with her boyfriend and enjoys keeping fit by attending her local swimming pool weekly. Other hobbies include running, shopping, and reading magazines such as Cosmopolitan and Gratzia, when she craves lighter reading material.