Monday 1 November 2010

Original Brief

I have been given the task to create a promotional package for a horror film I have created, consisting of a 2-3 minute film trailer, a film poster and a film magazine front cover.  To complete this task, at a professional, and sophisticated level, I will need to plan in extreme detail by looking at existing media texts, analysing the codes and conventions of all three of these media texts in detail, becoming aware with different types of software, such as blogs, and using equipment to film my trailer, such as a video camera. I am prepared to spend hours on perfecting this task, and will do so to the best of my ability. Personal aims that I have targeted at myself are to ensure that I create three media texts, which are all at a professional level. I feel this aim is important as professionalism is a huge part of the filming industry, and by creating a professional piece of media, it would reflect the hard work and planning that I am willing to put into this task. I also hope that I am able to successfully appeal to my target audience and shall do this by planning carefully around their needs and likes. My final aim is to be able to follow codes and conventions of horror, and also the codes and conventions of film trailers, film posters and magazine front covers. Whilst doing this, I would also like to add an original sparkle by going against a convention, but making sure that my target audience can still recognise the media texts. I am extremely excited to complete this task which I have been given, and look forward to taking you on the journey with me.

P.S...
Although I love a good horror film, I have a tendency to have nightmares, for months on end, after watching one horror film which is why I am using pink fonts and a floral background, because this way, I don’t get AS scared (I even get scared writing about horror films!!!)

One of my favourites!