Friday 10 December 2010

Practice Shots


Film Poster







Film Magazine Front Cover



The above images are a small selection from the many that I photographed. I managed to scale my favourites down to these remaining images. All of them, to me, are effective, and I am confident in saying that I have successfully achieved the look that I had hoped for. For the film poster however, the best shots were those of a landscape style which, due to me creating a portrait style poster, would involve me cropping and resizing the image, which may loose effectiveness. However, I am aware of this and if the images do not work, I am happy to re make the look and take more. Furthermore, I believe that these shots are the ones which I desire so where there is a will, there’s a way...

For the magazine front cover, the image that stood out to me more is the second one (single shot of Ruby). I feel that it is a much more conventional style picture for magazines and there is room for sell lines. With the first image, I feel that there would be no room for any sell lines and I also think that the character playing ruby looks more effective in the second image. I do however love the positioning of the first image and the pose of the mother thus I am going to try and use both images and then see what the best and most effective one is.